Wednesday, May 15, 2013

pregnancy week 5


I actually wasn't half bad about keeping a bit of a running commentary of this pregnancy week to week, so I thought I'd do a couple of retrospective posts. 

January 16, 2013

I did it. I took pictures of myself. In our royal blue bathroom in front of a dirty mirror, but whatever.

I've also spent an exorbitant amount of time languishing in the shower, studying my body, and wondering if it will ever look the same. Not in a self-conscious way, just a curiosity. I'm anticipating that it won't.

5 weeks.


We had a little, little (in retrospect) scare the other day. I started feeling pain (albeit dull) in my left side. I sat with it for a day and a half or so, and then after hearing over and over again from Dr. Google that that might not be normal, I phoned it in to my doctor's office. Fully expecting a nurse to tell me that I was being paranoid, instead what I got was, "we'd like you to come in for an ultrasound right away."

I should have prefaced this by saying that Dr. google had also made me overly anxious about ectopic pregnancies and miscarriage (not that that's something not to be anxious about), and so to hear that this could actually be something more than me just being paranoid, well, I guess I wasn't expecting that. And it sent me right up to the edge, the edge where I started playing out the conversations of telling family that this pregnancy wasn't going to stay.

Long story (and time wringing my hands in the waiting room) short, I just have a few ovarian cysts. Just. I told the nurse that no one's ever been happier to hear about cysts. And, we got to see a picture of the thing. Not the cyst, the other thing, the one that we've so desperately wanted in there for so long. It's really just a sac and maybe some cells at the moment, but it's right on target and I couldn't have been more thankful for the cysts that got me an ultrasound at 5 weeks.

20130131_140616.jpg




1 comment:

  1. i do not know how i missed this. horay. keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete