Friday, October 17, 2014

a few things from this week

Some of these you may have already seen on instagram, if you happen to follow me there (and if you don't, please do!). But here are a couple of snippets from our week:




Somebody turned 13 months this week. We celebrated with peas on a rock.


My mother-in-law arrived from Denmark on Wednesday night. She'll be here until New Year's Day. Everyone usually gasps when I tell them this, and yes, while it's an obvious change in our family dynamic, it's a welcome one! We get to enjoy home-cooked Danish food, lively conversation, a lot of hands-on help with childcare, and just good quality time. And these count as a perk:


She brought me "a few old things" from her closet. Uh, that's an Herm├Ęs scarf and a vintage velvet YSL skirt. I'm no brand you-know-what, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I got pretty excited about these hand-me-downs. I told her she should have wrapped those puppies up and put them under the Christmas tree.



Lastly, I got a special delivery at work this week for Boss's Day from one of my employees. Who doesn't love spring flowers on a cloudy fall day? Made my week.

Happy weekending, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment