Friday, January 9, 2015

things for Friday

I think it's fair to say that this week has kicked my tail. Back to work full-time 2 weeks after major surgery has been less than stellar, but I'm making it and feeling much better and stronger than I was at the beginning of the week. So, progress. Still, I'm exhausted by the end of every day. So to that effect, we have a grand total of zero plans for the weekend.

But things are slowly getting back to normal at our house. My MIL returned to Denmark after 2 and a half months (!), so we're getting back into the swing of just us and not eating amazing Danish food every night.

And, like a lot of other places, it was completely beyond freezing this week. So for the first time in almost 10 years, I donned my coat from Kazakhstan. I'm sure everyone at work thought I walked straight out of Siberia, but really, I hate being cold, and when you can put on something like this in subzero temps, why not?




But anyway! A few things for the weekend, and I hope yours is great:

While I was in bed recovering, I got totally lost in Cheryl Strayed's Dear Sugar column. This was a good starting point, and then down the rabbit hole I went. And come to find out, she's back doing a Dear Sugar Radio Show, starting, well, now, so that's on my listening list.

Ah, buzzfeed: 24 Movies You Probably Missed This Year, But Should Totally See.  11, 15, 16, and 22 are going in the netflix queue.

Dying over this ikea hack. We bought this exact kitchen for Ing for Christmas, but I have to say, we won't be taking it apart for a reno anytime soon. So cute and creative though—wish I'd seen it before putting it together. 

2 comments:

  1. Just been catching up on your sweet blog. So sorry to hear about your crappy laparoscopic surgery catastrophe... Glad you're recovering!! Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's been pretty crappy, but I've gotten to watch a lot of Netflix, sooo... :)

      Delete